To ensure the highest quality results and relevant results Search engines are constantly changing their algorithms to improve search results. Today we will discuss Google Search updates in the fall of 2021. Also you can always use the best service to check backlinks Linkbox
The search engine is able to substitute snippets of titles it itself
Google began changing the snippet titles in search results in the middle of August. It is not the ideal solution for businesses. Google states that the robot will change the snippet title if it doesn’t adequately describe the contents of the page. The primary reasons the eyes of the search engine are an insufficient title, a lack of essential elements, or the page’s content.
Google would like the title to represent the content as precisely and as informatively as possible, and not only draw the attention of others. Therefore, it is not appropriate to use the same title on every page, regardless of its content. This is why the system inserts text on the page.
Here are a few titles Google finds to be irrelevant
- Template titles are available on several website pages.
- Obsolete titles (Criteria for Admission to Ohio University in 2020);
- Name of the site);
- Names that are not accurate (Giant toys, stuffed animals, teddy bears, polar bears – Site name);
In the fall of 2021 Google published the Control your title links in the manual on search results. This document is specific to title links that are clickable titles that are displayed above search results snippets. It also gives tips on how to make these. The search engine has also published a guide to creating informative snippets. These manuals will prevent Google from replacing the titles of snippets by their algorithm.
To make a title, the search engine advises:
- Be careful not to use too many keywords. Keywords that are used too often can be viewed as spam;
- Branding elements can be used in the title. You can include your company’s name at the beginning or the end of the title text and then separate it by a colon a hyphen, or a V-bar.
- Using brief and concise titles that convey the information on the page;
- Using a unique title for each page;
Similar to that the documents describe the way Google shows snippets of content in search results. Google may display snippet titles that do not conform to the recommendations.
- The body of the page text
- Text of the link on the page
- The text of the links to the page.
- Page text marked in an a particular style;
- Subheading and heading tags for h1 to H6
According to Serpstat.com, between August and September 2021 Google altered the snippets of code in 60% of URLs included in the study (7,185 out of 12,000).
In this way, optimizers or other experts who write meta tags (such as small-scale business owners who manage a personal website) can control snippets and titles. The title should not be too long or snarky and should also be informative.
Updates to SEO for online stores
In the fall of 2021 Google updated its SEO promotional guideline for E-commerce. The guide provides information on:
- Integration of structured data related the e-commerce industry to your website
- Launch of an online store
- The impact of pagination as well as slow loading (gradual or delayed loading) of content on the site’s ranking in Google;
- Customers and other internet users can view the content of online shops via these online services.
- Data about the product (feed) to Google;
- Analyse the structure of an online store by using search engines
- The URL structure was created to allow the shop to be accessed online.
Online store merchandise are available in both search results and on Google Lens, Google My Business Google My Business, Google Maps as well as Google Lens. Google encourages the promotion of reviews of products, product feeds and customer service points and live broadcasts.
This guide will be especially beneficial for projects that are new, as it provides updated tips on creating and opening an online store.
Google announced MUM (multitask unified model) technology for multimodal searches using Google Lens in September. The use of the image and text search feature will make it easier to locate answers to questions that are difficult to answer. For example, you could capture a broken bicycle and make a how-to-fix request in the same moment.
This technology also applies well in online shopping. For instance, a customer can use this feature to find socks that have the same design as the shirt they wear. This feature will be made available in 2022.
This is why it’s so vital. Multimodal search is yet another method to market your online store’s merchandise. Proper product card markup and accurate information about the item aid in increasing the visibility of your product through this channel.
A new method of assessing web site quality and the quality of business
It was announced that guidelines for evaluating the quality of searches were updated in October. The new version of the document includes:
- Guidelines for investigating the reputation of content and websites creators have been revised. The search engine has also changed how it assesses the reputation of a site (expert) and what it considers to be trustworthy sources of information about reputation. Google examines the contents of websites and determines if it is part of the YMYL classification. Google considers websites and blog pages that may impact the financial wellbeing of users or their health YMYL. This means that it’s the positive feedback from experts that will be essential for a YMYL related website (e.g. for a medical clinic) information page. Customer feedback is essential when it comes to online shops. This is an important change as it reveals that feedback from users is more important for customer-facing websites than for informational YMYL websites, where E-A-T may be calculated differently.
- A more precise description of the subcategory of YMYL Groups of people. The subcategory now includes diverse social and economic collectivities (e.g. gender identity or caste, the victims of violent incidents and their families, those with immigration status, and others). Publishing content that is connected to these groups is more dependent on E-A-T principles.
Page quality rating
Google has assigned every page a Page Quality rating from 2020, based on the E-AT. Every web page must have a goal and should be able to fulfill its purpose. This purpose and the extent of the site’s requirements it’s requirements is assessed by the Page Quality Rating, which we’ve discussed in greater detail here.
Google added the Page Quality Rating in October 2021.
- They have revamped the assessment of high and low-quality websites and have expanded the Lowest quality pages section. The content that is of poor quality may be now considered to be information that could be harmful to others or specific groups of individuals. Inflicting harm, for example is publishing private information regarding a person without their permission. It can also include content that promotes murder or suicide or promotes the dehumanization of a certain group.
- A simplified definition of Upsetting Offensive is possible. It won’t overlap with the section on low quality sites. That is, the robot will consider the website to be low-quality or upsetting/offensive without mixing the two definitions.
- In the coming year, it will be possible to search for images and a text simultaneously.
- The possibilities to promote online stores have also been increased: products are now shown in search results as well within search engine services.
- The changes to Google Search are made to ensure that the user receives the most relevant results composed of trustworthy websites that reflect a high-quality business.
- The criteria used to assess the quality of a website and the business depicted by it have been augmented. The criteria for low-quality pages and content that is not good are now more clear.
- Google modifies the title of the page when it finds it in its opinion, misleading or uninformative. Format the title by the rules and recommendations of the search engine.