Search engines routinely modify their algorithms for search to provide users with the highest quality results and the most relevant. Today we will discuss Google Search updates in the fall 2021.
And also if you are interested in the development of CRM for movers, then you can always order services from Best movers crm
Snippet titles may be substituted by the search engine.
Google started changing the snippet titles in the search results around mid-August. This isn’t always the most effective option for businesses. According to Google the robot alters the title of the snippet where it does not accurately describe the content of the page. The primary concern for the search engine are title-related issues or elements that are not present, as well as page content.
Google expects that the title represent the content as precisely and informatively as is possible, not only draw attention. That is why using the same title on every page regardless of its content is also considered to be unsuitable. When this happens, the system adds text from the page.
Examples of titles that Google is now deciding to remove:
- On a variety of websites, templates for titles can be found.
- Titles that are half-empty (…
- Obsolete titles (Criteria to be a candidate for admission to Ohio University 2020);
- Names that are not accurate (Giant toy animals, teddy bears Polar bears – site name);
In the autumn of 2021, Google released the Control your title links in the manual for search results. This document is focused on title links, which are clickable titles that are displayed above search results excerpts. The manual also provides tips for creating titles. The search engine also released an instruction manual for creating informative short snippets. By adhering to these guides, you will help to prevent Google’s algorithms from replacing snippet titles.
The search engine suggests the following:
- Avoid using too many keywords. Avoid using too many keywords.
- Using a unique title for each page;
- Use clear and informative titles that accurately describe the content of your page.
- Make use of elements from your brand in your title. The name of the company can be added at the end or at the beginning of the title text. Separate it by the use of a colon, hyphen or a bar.
In the same way documents provide explanations of the way Google displays snippets in search results. The search engine may use snippet titles that do not follow the guidelines.
- The text that appears in the hyperlinks to the webpage.
- The body of the text on the page;
- Page text marked in the style of a specific person;
- Subheading and heading tags for h1 to H6
- Link text at the bottom of the page
According to Serpstat.com between August 2021 and September 2021, Google altered the snippets from 60% of URLs in the study (7.185 out of 12,000).
This info is helpful for optimizers as well as other professionals who design meta tags (such small-scale business owners who own a website) to control titles and snippets. The title must be informative, not excessively long, and also not over spammed.
Updates in SEO for online stores
In the fall of 2021 Google updated its SEO promotional guideline for E-commerce. The guide provides information on:
- The URL structure is designed for the online shop.
- The launch of an online store
- Google’s website positioning in Google The impact of pagination (gradual or delayed loading) and lazy loading (gradual, delayed loading)
- Services where customers and other web users can access the content of stores online.
- Data about the product (feed) to Google;
- The addition of structured data related to e-commerce to the website;
- Analyse the structure of the online store’s website through search engines
The guide states that products from online stores appear both in search results as also in the Google Lens, Google My Business as well as Maps services. Google promotes product reviews, feeds for products, and customer service points to be made public.
This guide is especially useful for projects that are new as it offers updated tips on how to create and start an online store.
Google has announced MUM (multitask uni model) technology to enable multimodal search using Google Lens in September. It will be much easier to discover the right answer to difficult questions by making use of the images and text search options. For example, you could find a bicycle that is damaged and submit a repair request in the same moment.
This technology is also helpful in e-commerce. For example, a user can utilize this feature to find socks with the same design as the shirt they wear. This new feature will become available at the beginning of 2022.
What’s the reason this is so crucial? Multimodal search is yet another method to market your online product range. This channel can be used to increase product visibility by using accurate product data and the marking of product cards.
A new method of assessing the website and business quality
In October, it was known that the guidelines used to evaluate the quality of search results had been changed. The new version of the document is:
- The updated guidelines were issued for analyzing the reputations of websites and content creators. Google, among others, has changed the method of assessing the reputation of a single expert (site) and also what it considers to be a reliable source of information on reputation. Google analyzes the content of websites and determines if it is part of the YMYL. Google considers websites and blog pages that could affect users’ finances or health. This means that it’s the positive feedback from experts that are important for a YMYL-related website (e.g. for a medical clinic) information page. Feedback from customers is crucial when it comes to online shops. This is an important change because it shows that feedback from customers is more valuable than informational YMYL sites, whose EA-T might differ.
- A more extensive definition of the YMYL subcategory People groups. The subcategory is now encompassing many identities and socioeconomic collectivities including gender identity, caste and victims of violent events and their families, as well as people who have been granted immigration status. E-A-T principles will become even more crucial in the creation of content that is relevant to these categories of people.
Quality of the page
Since the year 2020, based on the E-A-Tmodel, Google has given each website an overall Page Quality Rating. The idea is that every webpage should be a part of a larger picture, and it should serve this purpose. Page Quality Rating Page Quality Rating helps to determine the function of a web page and to determine if it is fulfilling its purpose. We have discussed this more here.
Google added the Page Quality Rating in October 2021.
- They have redesigned the evaluation of low and high-quality pages and expanded the Lowest quality pages section. Low quality content can now be considered information that is harmful to other people or a specific group of individuals. Sharing confidential information about someone without their permission is an instance of harm. It also includes content that promotes suicide or murder or encourages the dehumanization of a certain group.
- A simplified definition of Upsetting Offensive is possible. It is not overlapping with the section on low quality websites. The robot won’t mix both meanings.
- Google modifies the title of the page if it is, in the search engine’s perception, inaccurate or misleading. It is important to format the title according to the rules and recommendations of the search engine.
- Changes to Google Search are made to ensure that the user receives the most relevant results, composed of trustworthy websites that represent a quality business.
- In the coming year, it is possible to search for an image and a text at the same time.
- There are many opportunities to promote online stores: items appear in both results of searches and in the search engine service.
- These guidelines are added to help you assess the level of quality of a site and the business that it represents. Clearer definitions of bad content and pages that are not of high quality have been added.